What is Time Theft?
Time theft occurs when employees misrepresent their hours in order to be paid for periods of productivity that they did not actually engage in. Adopting an automated time tracking system lowers employee time theft and minimizes manual calculation errors.
For many employers, tracking employee time and calculating the gross payroll is a big job and mistakes can be costly. Accidental manual time errors can cost employers thousands of dollars. Calculation errors are significantly reduced with time, labor, and attendance built into a cloud-based workforce management system - giving you permission to say goodbye to manual time sheets.
AAP's automated workforce management solution is built to be user-friendly for payroll administrators, managers and employees. There are a variety of ways employers can choose to track time. With an automated system employees can use physical time clocks, a mobile device, virtual clocks, or a web browser to clock in at the start of their shifts. Supervisors can monitor their employees and run workforce analytic reports. Payroll processors eliminate the hassles of manual time sheets and time-consuming calculations required to produce paychecks.
Employers can also run configurable reports during designated periods of time to help determine eligibility for benefits. In addition, employers are able to better stay in compliance with all regulations by monitoring and viewing reports on overtime, hours worked, shift premiums, and more. It also simplifies compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Improve the way your business tracks time and attendance:
- Collect time from the method that best suits your environment, or a mix of methods – mobile, self-service, biometric or physical clocks.
- Geo-restrictions can be built into the system to limit where employees can clock in and out. You can set up employees to clock in from anywhere: home, multiple locations, or within a single office IP address.
- Improve employee time management while decreasing time spent on tracking attendance
Time Tracking Solutions for Any Workplace Environment
Time Clocks for Remote Employees
Mobile services help you better manage and connect with employees on the go. With cloud-based technology, accurate mobile timekeeping is as close as your Android or Apple mobile device.
Today, more employees are working remotely and on-the-go, and employers are seeking solutions to accurately track their time. But beyond ensuring correct pay for time worked, labor laws have increased the pressure on the accuracy of all employee time records.
In addition to an increasing number of labor grievances, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and of course the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are just a few regulations that demand precise labor records — even for your mobile employees.
Clocking in/out from a Computer
You may opt to give your employees the ability to clock in and out from the convenience of their computer through an employee self-service (ESS) portal. Besides clocking in/out, the ESS portal also enables employees to manage a multitude of other HR related tasks on their own, like:
- Address changes
- Enrolling and updating benefits
- Downloading paystubs and tax documents (i.e. W-2s, 1095s)
- Viewing schedules
- Requesting time off and more . . .
- An ESS portal can be customized to the employer's specifications and levels of access control. To inquire how an ESS portal can benefit your business click on the button below to schedule an appointment with one of our ESS specialists.
Streamline Time and Payroll
Consider streamlining payroll and implementing the latest methods in time tracking in one secure cloud-based platform. Allowing employers and employees access to time, attendance and payroll data anywhere at any time. Enjoy the latest in technology to help you streamline services that save time and money.
- View and manage your entire hourly workforce in one dashboard
- Access detailed reports on hours, employees, and more
- Biometric technology helps prevent buddy punching
- Geofencing that allows employees to clock in and out within defined boundaries
- Manage overtime hours and missed punches to ensure compliance
- Compliance reporting for FLSA overtime, ACA, and payroll tax laws
- Advanced scheduling allows supervisors to quickly build shifts and schedules for their employees
Accurately track, manage and process time, attendance and expenses for your entire workforce, including remote & mobile employees. Reduce time theft and collect time from the method that best suits your environment, or a mix of methods – mobile, self-service, or physical clocks. Improve employee time management while decreasing time spent on tracking attendance.
Avoid Time Theft in the Workplace
Time theft occurs when employees misrepresent their hours in order to be paid for periods of...
What to Look for in Time, Labor and Attendance?
5 Benefits of Occurrence Tracking
An occurrence tracking point system is a tool that allows HR teams and managersto track employee...